xGc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xGc

Xtreme Gaming Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moncler Jackets Women namely

Go down 
AuthorMessage
merry22

Moncler Jackets Women namely Empty
PostSubject: Moncler Jackets Women namely   Moncler Jackets Women namely I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm

proof depends on experiment, and not on demonstration, moncler

jacketswe cannot make a universal assertion, without a general enumeration of all the parts, and of all the

different instances. So, when we say that the diamond is the hardest of all bodies, we mean, of all bodies we know;

and we cannot, and must not, include those we do not know. And when we say, that gold is the heaviest of all bodies,

it would be rash to comprehend in this general proposition, those bodies which are not yet known to us, though there

may be such in nature. In this manner, without charging the ancients with absurdity, we may assure ourselves of the

contrary to what they said;and, Moncler

Vest whatever appearance antiquity may assume, Truth must always have the advantage, although lately

discovered, since CHAPTER XXVII. reflections on geometry. We may have three principal objects in the study of

truth: first, to discover it when we are seeking it; secondly, to demonstrate it, when we are in possession of it; and

lastly, to distinguish it from falsehood, when we examine it. I am not going to speak of the first; but shall treat more

particularly of the second, which includes the third: for if we understand the method of proving truth, we shall

possess, at the same time, the means of distinguishing it from error; Moncler Coats Men since, in examining whether its proofs are conformable

to ascertained rules, we shall know whether it is rigorously demonstrated. Geometry excels in these three points, and

has explained the art of discovering unknown truths, in that branch of the science termed Analysis; on which, after so

many excellent works have appeared upon the subject, it is needless to enlarge. The proper mode of demonstrating

truths already discovered, and of illustrating them in such a manner that their evidence must be irresistible, is the

single topic I mean to handle; and, for this purpose I only need explain the Geometrical method, in which it will be

found perfectly exemplified. Before doing this, however, I must just hint at a method still more excellent and complete,

but having clearly marked out a certain object,Moncler Jackets Women namely, every number divisible by two, I give it a name, divested of

every other meaning, and used only for the object described. Hence, it appears that verbal definitions are quite

unrestricted, and never liable to contradiction; for surely, we are at liberty to give any name we like to an object we
merry1215
Back to top Go down

Moncler Jackets Women namely
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
xGc :: xGc Forum :: Ако си нов претстави се овде-
Jump to: